Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Miniature DIY Dollhouse Kitchen

I bought this kit off of amazon. (Link here)
It was a lot of fun to put together. I didn't finish all the decorations (basket of tomatoes, roses, the teacups and boxes) as you can see from the pictures, but I'm happy with how it looks and plan to make some of my own decorations with clay and different odds and ends. 
 The box. Good to keep as a reference when putting everything together, also the pictures on amazon and laminiworld.com helped a lot. 
 Paper cutouts and instructions.

 Wood for the main room.
 Wood pieces for the furniture and various bits of paper, fabric, felt, wire, cotton stuffing, and beads.
Comes with everything you need to make it like the picture shown on the box. 
The only thing not included is glue.

It took about a day and a half to get this far and then it sat there for another week before I got started on the decorations. This was my least favorite part. I felt some things (boxes, containers, cups, basically all the paper cutouts) were just more effort than they were worth. I think I'll have a lot more fun finding and making my own stuff to decorate it with anyway. 




And that's what it looks like for now. I had a lot of fun making it and will still play around with it for a while. I plan on doing a bit of a renovation (some new wallpaper or paint and maybe tweak the furniture a bit) but it is cute enough straight out of the box. Now I have to make the difficult decision of which one to get next...

No comments:

Post a Comment